SMPIA Training: Run & Gun: Docu-Reality Production (Sat. Nov. 17)
Events / WorkshopsOctober 12, 2018
Transitioning from interior to exterior lighting situations, spontaneous dialogue, noisy environments, positioning and then moving your camera to not miss any action. In order to be fully equipped for the unexpected you’ll need to rely on your Run and Gun skills.
Just some of what you will learn:
- Selecting your camera rig
- Preparing for your day
- Lens choice considerations
- Lighting options
- DIT best practices (Data storage and transfer)
- Tips on working with a skeleton crew or on your own
- Field notes
- Where not to skimp with the budget you do have
- Tried and true techniques on working with your on-camera subjects
Instructor Steve Allen is a principal partner, founding member and a Producer and Director with the Wavelength Entertainment Group. Steve has worked in the television industry as a Director and Director of Photography on television series and commercials since 2001. His credits include work for History Television, Discovery Channel, Discovery Military, The Smithsonian Channel (US), A&E Biography, Reelz and TLC.
When & Where:
Saturday, November 17 from 10am – 5pm at the Regina Soundstage