Coronavirus and Cleaning
NewsMarch 20, 2020
The following common-sense measures are good practice for the prevention of any illness:
Apply them to your office, any gatherings you may have and work them into your set protocol
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Use hand sanitizer, if soap and water is not available
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid touching your face
- Dispose of tissues after first use
- Don’t share glasses, dishes, cups or cutlery
What should your workplace do?
- Remove magazines and papers from waiting area and breakout room
- Kitchen cleaning groups will be asked to add the following duties to their daily routine:
Wipe down common areas / objects that are touched frequently using disinfectant wipes, with particular attention to countertops, doors / knobs of: front doors, bathroom doors (inside and out), kitchen door, etc.
- All staff are asked to wipe down their workspaces regularly (using disinfectant wipes), with special attention to things that are touched frequently including the handset of your telephone, your keyboard and mouse, your cellular phone, etc.